Monday, August 29, 2011

Mog!



Anyone remember this little guy from the Final Fantasy series?

His name was Mog, and I know for sure he was in FF6, 7, and 9. Mostly sort of an in-game joke type thing, but I think he was an actual playable character in FF6...

Anyways, "mogging" is short for transmogrification, a new feature being introduced in patch 4.3. It's a cute little nickname that makes me think of Mog whenever I hear the word...

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really excited to "mog" all my gear and have already begun collecting some set pieces so I can start right away. My guess is other folks are excited too because all of a sudden I'm seeing a lot more "LFM for Tempest Keep, warrior tier on reserve" "LFM for Sunwell, rogue tier on reserve" type of chats. Everyone is busy out and about collecting their favorite old sets. There are tons of discussion threads on the forums too about the best place to collect old gear and what people are excited to equip on their toons.

To be honest, I'm not expecting to really stand out or anything - in my current gear I look like every other rogue who belongs to a moderately successful raiding guild. After the transmog patch hits, I'll just look like every other rogue who thought the Bloodfang set was cool. Originality is not really what I'm going for (yes, I do think the Bloodfang set was pretty badass) - I just want to look more like the way I always pictured a rogue would look. More sneaky, more subtle, more sinister, and a lot less like a warrior in leather.

While I like the bloodfang set, I don't think it's really feasible since a lot of it drops from Blackwing Lair. I can't solo BWL due to the mechanic on the first boss, and it's a pain trying to get someone to join a raid group with me anyways. So I'm shooting for the recolored version - the "blue" Bloodfang if you will.

Since they all drop from normal/heroic Burning Crusade dungeons, these will be much easier to farm. I'd love to use a samurai sword-looking type of thing, but unfortunately you can't mog a sword to a dagger, so I will have to find some fancy looking daggers to compliment the set. Timeslicer looks pretty neat, but I think I can find something a little more subtle.

On the flip side, I also think it would be kind of hilarious to raid in something completely non-rogue like. I always liked the Embrace of the Viper set (the "fang" set from WC) because it's one of the few unique pieces of armor in the game. Unique as in it's made for rogues, but is in a pastel shade!  How hilarious would it be to walk into a BG or something wearing that? I just need to find a helm and some shoulders to match, and maybe a nice pink dagger or two and I'm in business!

Oh, I'm going to have so much fun when this patch hits...

No comments:

Post a Comment